Monday, September 20, 2010

Engagement!

So, I haven't posted on here in quite some time. I know...
But I figured that I ought to tell the blogosphere that on Friday September 17th I got engaged!

Here's the story!

For about a year and a half I have been in the works of writing a song that I would propose to Hannah with. A little over a month ago I finished the song. Now came the predicament of taking my guitar on a date without her expecting anything ( I don't normally take it with me on our dates). So I concocted a plan....

We would start out her time here in Spokane on a high note. With a bible study. Now you must know that befor I moved here, we did a Bible study and LOVED it, so it was sad when we were apart and couldn't really do one. So this night we would plan and discuss what we wanted to do for our study together. I would also bring my guiter and we'd sing a few worship songs. It was the PERFECT first date in Spokane!
And she went for it! Now, I will say that we DID read the bible. And we DID sing some worship songs. I wouldn't blow all that off...

So after a few songs, she suggested that we sit back down and just enjoy the evening and talk. I told her I had ONE more song to sing her...and this one I wrote for her!
She giggled with joy (she REALLY likes when I play the guiter, and it's a pretty romantic thing for your boyfriend to write you a love song).
The song ended with these two lines
Now I know with all my heart
Will you be with me til death do us part?
As I sang the last line, a semi-confused look came over her face, but the smile remained!
As I dropped to my knees to the ground, so did her mouth.
I pulled the ring out and popped the question.
She uttered her reply "Yes, of course I will" between breathes.

Now, many may ask, "Did she cry???" The answer is no. Her level of suprise propelled her WAAAY beond the point of tears.

So, there you have it! The story of how one 19 y.o. guy proposed to his 18 y.o. girlfriend!


*Our engagement pics will come soon*

3 comments:

  1. oooooooooo how cute!!!!!

    Hosanna (not hannah,hosanna) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. made me smile, how sweet...congrats Josh! Robin Fitzgerald

    ReplyDelete

BlogPatrol Free Blog Counter